Τετάρτη 5 Μαΐου 2010

Christine's last name was Dahe, not DAAE

According to many sources, I have concluded to the fact that Christine's last name was Dahe. She was french. Her life as told by Leroux was inspired by Christine Nilsson's life, to make the story more interesting.

Here are my sources:

http://www.phantomoftheopera.ro/a_existat_erik_tur_opera.php :
Dahe... changed to Daae. Was she Nilsson? No. She was Dahe. But it's true that Gaston Leroux used Nilsson as the model [for Christine in his book]. The talent of one chorus girl would not have impassioned the public! People always admire those they can never be: an unparalleled singer, a magnificent and magical Phantom... something along the lines of hero worship. Consequently the solid gold ring [found on the skeleton] really did have C.D. on it in large, unmistakable letters... only it was lost in [one of the subsequent] wars.


http://iron-gibbet.deviantart.com/art/Guardian-Angel-of-Music-82359352?offset=50 (Check the comments)

~GoddessofMusic Apr 9, 2008, 3:18:37 PM Lovely

Makes me think of something my mother told me when I was a kid and she first read me the story of Phantom of the Opera.

My mother is a believer in the story because our family tree traces back to the girl Christine Daae is based off of so she read the story to me when I was pretty little. I had been all upset about the ending of the book and my mom told me not to worry because when he died he became the real angel of music. So when I asked her what it ment she said it ment that he watched over all the musicians and vocalists in the world. So in other words he basicaly became what Christine first thought he was, this made me very happy of course becuase my passion has always been singing.
Christine Dahé who was a chorus girl / ballerina though Leroux changed a lot of her life to resemble that of Kristina Nelsson (who he met as a young man and was smitten by) who was a famous opera star but by the time of the actaul chandelier crash (1896) was around the age of 53.

The problem is I can't really look into it anymore then that because the the files at the Paris Conservatoire are all there, except on the year 1896. The most info I have is that the chandelier did fall and killed one person is that year.

Also to add on to that I can't find any other family records on her other then her name showing up in the family tree, the year of birth and death, and a couple letters from her days in the opera house none of which talk about hearing or seeing a said Phantom but then again if I was seeing things like that I might not tell anyone either so who knows. All I know is that the last letter sent or stored away is in the year 1895.





Christina Nilsson's biography on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristina_Nilsson

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Nilsson (In Swedish, but with more details)

More coming soon.

1 σχόλιο:

  1. But in the novel Gaston Leroux writes about a swedish singer , trained in Paris... I dont understand why here name should not be Daae. The fact that Gaston Leroux is french, doesn't mean he only used french names in his novels.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή